This has to be one of my favourite cooked dishes. It’s a colourful medley of delicious, super health affirming foods. Not only is quinoa a rich source of protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids, it also boasts impressive levels of manganese, phosphorus and vitamin E. Add in the welcomed health benefits of essential fats from avocados and hemp oil and all round nutrition from just about everything else, then you find you have a perfect wheat-free, dairy-free meal (that works equally well as a side dish).
The quinoa is cooked, making it easy to digest, whilst all other ingredients are gently tossed in at the end, keeping their optimal nutritional value.
This dish was originally published in my first recipe book Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen.
You can find out more about that here: My Book
- 100g quinoa
- 350ml water
- 1 tablespoon tamari or shoyu
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 small handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 loose handful fresh basil (or parsley)
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon hemp oil (can substitute with other oil)
- Lettuce or other salad leaves for the side
- Rinse quinoa in water with a very fine sieve until the water runs clear and then then allow it to drain.
- Boil quinoa in a cooking pot with water, until all of the water has been absorbed. This should take up to 15 minutes. Keep a close eye on it after about 10 minutes to avoid it burning.
- Whilst the quinoa is cooking prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Crush garlic.
- Quarter your cherry tomatoes.
- Dice avocado.
- De-stalk and roughly tear basil (or parsley).
- When the quinoa has absorbed all of the water, take it off the heat and stir in the tamari.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients before stirring in the hemp oil.
- Enjoy whilst it is still warm, with salad leaves on the side.
This recipe was originally published in my full colour book ‘Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen’ –
a totally plant-based, wheat-free, refined-sugar-free book full of tasty dishes, healthy breakfasts, high pranic salads, dips, pates & dressings, nutritious main meals, soul-warming soups, tasty side dishes and delicious desserts.
Find out more here: ‘Trinity’s Conscious Kitchen Book‘.