I adore finding new and healthful ways to incorporate beetroot into my weekly diet. Beetroot is often over-looked as an ‘I-don’t-know-what-to-do-with-it’ type food. Well worthy of our attention, it is ridiculously healthy – right up there with the healthiest of foods. Beetroot is…
- rich in nutrients
- has been shown to support healthy liver function
- helps to lower blood pressure
- has excellent anti-oxidant properties
It is also very versatile and goes well in salads, juices, stews, bakes. If you are interested to learn more about the health benefits of beetroots check out this article here: Health Benefits of Beetroot
In my latest culinary beetroot adventure, I demonstrate how to make a delicious, gluten-free, vegan, baked-sweet-bell-pepper, stuffed with a medley of other health affirming foods like beetroot, coriander and sunflower seeds.
- 4 small - medium beetroots
- 175g (1½ cups) hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 small red onion
- Large handful coriander leaves (cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree (optional)
- 2 large sweet bell peppers
- Check out my video guide for a step by recipe guide on how to make these...
Remember that this recipe works a real treat with sauce,
especially my ‘Fresh Ginger Sauce with Coconut & Coriander’.
Check out the recipe for that here:
Fresh Ginger Sauce
I do hope that you enjoy and that it
inspires you to get creative in your own conscious kitchen.