Oh my goodness, this is delicious! I’ve made so many different versions of this soup, it is perhaps the one thing I eat more than anything else, whether home or away.
It’s a thick and satisfying meal-in-itself. Not only that, it’s quick to make and so delectably delicious it makes me melt with delight. Each ingredient enhances and brings out the best in the others. With a gorgeous medley of flavours, texture, protein, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats it is out-of-this-world awesome!
You are gonna love it.
One of my favourite ‘can’t live without’ ingredients in this is coconut. I am using it in the form of creamed coconut. Highly recommend. If you want to find out what creamed coconut is (and where to get it), check out my page here: What is Creamed Coconut Note: If you don’t have creamed coconut available to you right now, then you can easily substitute in this recipe for coconut cream.
Anyway let’s dive right in! I made a quick video demo so you can see exactly how I make this soup, please do check this out first…
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 small cauliflower
- 4 brown mushrooms
- 75g ( ½ cup) red lentils
- 75g ( ⅓ block) creamed coconut
- 500ml (2 cups) water (plus more if desired)
- 500ml (2 cups) passata
- 1 heaped teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Chop sweet potato into small cubes.
- Chop cauliflower and mushrooms into pieces.
- Chop coconut block into small pieces.
- Peel and finely grate ginger.
- Add all ingredients to a pan. Bring to the boil and allow to cook for about 20 minutes (until the lentils are cooked and you can easily piece the sweet potato with a fork). Stir every now and again and add more water if desired.